Friday, November 27, 2009

So It Begins...

After much poking and prodding from friends, I have finally joined the world of the bloggers!

Yes, I am brimming with grandiose ideas, hatching unmistakably brilliant plans, and often rambling on about something-or-other. So is this not the perfect place to practice my writers-craft? A space I can self-publish in 'till my heart's content.

Well, truth be told, I find this expansive blank space on the screen in front of me daunting... It's not the emptiness, or the writing itself that scares me. It's the fact that I will soon release my ramblings into the blogosphere for others to partake of. And though I have been a "writer" since I was a child and my mom transcribed my stories, I am terribly self-critical. (Though aren't we all?)

But that is ultimately the reason I am taking this figurative plunge... To push myself further. To cast aside cares of what others may think of my way with words. To wave the finger at my inner-critic, and come out of this writing-ring relatively unscathed.

And I do hope that someone out there will enjoy reading of my exploits. What could be better than exploring the deep recesses of my mind, people?

*Cue nervous laughter*

Now comes my mantra as of late: "Poetry is everywhere." It's in raindrops sliding down noses. Dilapidated barns. Laugh lines... the list goes on indefinitely. (As does life in one form or another.) So though I may or may not pen an actual poem for this blog, I am feeling the poetry of life. And maybe I can impart some that on to you.

Ooh, but this is exciting!

2 comments:

  1. and Blogger.
    Such an excellent nest for words.

    *nods, giving formal and official sanction to your - obviously right - choice*

    ReplyDelete